The online publication Computer Weekly summarizes some of the challenges in managing software licenses and achieving compliance while operating on a model that mixes on-premise licenses with software-as-a-service (Saas).
The article makes a point that the following benefits of Saas outweigh the challenges of implementing it:
- It dispenses with the need to own and manage server infrastructure;
- The platform security and software updates are managed by providers;
- The immediate access to more (or less) capacity;
- The ease of sharing applications with outside users;
- Potentially, lower cost of ownership.
Read the full article here.